Thursday, May 22, 2008

TRI and FINISH

Alright, I have now completed my first triathlon. There were a lot of people there (about 460 or so). There were women from the ages of 12 to 66. There was even one that was 5 months pregnant. It was cool to see so many different ladies there.

It started with the 300 Meter swim, which I finished in 11.09 minutes. The pool was twice as long as I was used to so it kind of wiped me out quicker than I thought. I was slower than I thought I was going to be, but I think it threw a lot of people off. My first transition took 4.54 minutes. Then we had our 11.4 mile bike ride. There was a loop that we had to ride twice. It started with a monster uphill ride, then leveled out a bit and finally ended with a great downhill towards the finish. The bike ride lasted 55.46 minutes. My second transition was 1.29 minutes. Then it all finished up with a 3.1 mile run. I think this was my hardest part for me. It was different going from bike to running than I thought it would be. I ran it in 36.07 minutes - which was slower than I wanted to be. In all I finished in 1 hour 49 minutes 28.31 seconds.
I wanted to finish before 1 hour 45 minutes but I forgot to add in transition times to my goal. So I feel I still made it in my goal time. I was glad that I did that. Oh, and I wasn't last. ; )

I had fun doing it (especially with my friends). I wish I could've hung out a little more after I finished so I could relax and enjoy it a little more.

We had to hurry back up to Ogden so that Chase and Gavin could do their Kids K at the Ogden Marathon with a bunch of their cousins (Renee, Timothy, Dallin and Katie). We made it back in time. Chase and Gavin did so good. Austin was in the stroller but she had fun too. At the finish line they each got a cowbell necklace - and then a few feet later there were Creamies. They all had a ton of fun.

5 comments:

Angie Berrio said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! Someday, I think I would like to attempt running a mile.

The Burnetts said...

I feel the same as Angie. I really admire you for having the endurance to complete such a physically draining thing. I know I could never do it. (This is Misty, by the way.)

Anonymous said...

Congrates Chels!!!!!

Zabriskie Family said...

I now have the internet... Isn't it great... I just wanted to say that the Tri was so fun, I can't believe we actually did it. I hope we can do another one together. Also I love the blog.

germanjules said...

congrats! that's fun!